Discover Project Coyote
EDUCATORS, SCIENTISTS, RANCHERS, CITIZEN LEADERS
WHO WE ARE
Project Coyote is a national non-profit organization based in Northern California whose mission is to promote compassionate conservation and coexistence between people and wildlife through education, science and advocacy. Our representatives, advisory board members and supporters include preeminent scientists, educators, ranchers and citizen leaders who work together to change laws and policies to protect native carnivores from abuse and mismanagement, advocating coexistence instead of killing. We seek to change negative attitudes toward coyotes, wolves and other misunderstood predators by replacing ignorance and fear with understanding, respect and appreciation. Learn more about our team here.
Project Coyote envisions a world where…
- Human communities coexist synergistically and peacefully with wildlife;
- Science empowers lasting solutions for resilient carnivore populations;
- Native carnivores are valued for their critical ecological role and their intrinsic worth;
- Children understand the value of Wild Nature;
- Compassionate conservation drives wildlife stewardship.
Read more about our programs here.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Our supporters are active partners. Only with your help can we advocate for wildlife in the legislature, in the courtroom, at the ballot box, through the media, and in communities. As donors, lobbyists, letter writers, and community advocates, you help spread our message by…
- Supporting Project Coyote ~ make a secure online donation here;
- Including Project Coyote in your estate plan ~ contact us for assistance;
- Informing and empowering yourself and your community using our resources;
- Joining the E-Team to receive our e-newsletters and e-alerts (click here to join);
- Volunteering ~ contact us about opportunities in your area here.
Project Coyote is a fiscally sponsored project of Earth Island Institute, which has received a Four Star rating from Charity Navigator. Earth Island Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and as such, all donations to Project Coyote are tax-deductible.