Project Coyote, a national non-profit organization based in Northern California, is a North American coalition of scientists, educators, ranchers and citizen leaders promoting compassionate conservation and coexistence between people and wildlife through education, science and advocacy. More information about our team here.
Project Coyote aims to create fundamental and systemic change in the way coyotes and other wild carnivores are viewed and treated in North America and we believe the media is pivotal to accomplishing this goal. If you are from the news media and would like to schedule an interview, please call our headquarters office at 415-945-3232 or email us.
- Founded in 2008 by Camilla Fox
- Backed by a Science Advisory Board featuring 20 preeminent conservation biologists, researchers and carnivore ecologists
- The first of its kind, the Marin County Livestock & Wildlife Protection Program has become a model for other counties across North America
- Led coalition victories to ban awarding of prizes for killing coyotes, bobcats and other wildlife in California
- Co-led coalition victory to ban bobcat trapping in California
- View our Timeline of Key Accomplishments and Events